Upcoming Events
Fri  |  December 14  |  8:00 am
Appliance Demanufacturing
Fri  |  January 4  |  10:00 am
ISOSWO Board Meeting
Tue  |  February 12  |  7:00 am
Legislative Breakfast

Heavy Equipment Training Program Application

Filed under "ISOSWO/SWANA"
View Attached PDF »
More articles »


Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Iowa Society of Solid Waste Operations (ISOSWO)
Heavy Equipment Operation & Safety Training Event Application
Download Application [pdf]

General Information: ISOSWO is sponsoring and subsidizing two (2) separate, 3-day heavy equipment training events to be held in Iowa in the Autumn of 2018. This training is targeted to new operators, or those operators seeking refresher training on machine safety and maintenance.

Training Details: Both training events will be taught by instructors from Associated Training Services (ATS), based out of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. ATS has been training heavy equipment operators for over fifty years. Their expertise has helped thousands of equipment operators be safer and more productive. ATS has contracted with organizations throughout the country to deliver specialized curricula on all types of earth moving, excavation and material handling equipment. ATS is providing ISOSWO with face to face training (hands-on and classroom) and curriculum that is being customized to meet our solid waste operator’s specific needs.

The first event will be hosted by Metro Waste Authority, in Des Moines, from September 18-20, 2018, and the second event will be hosted by Waste Commission of Scott Co., in Davenport, Iowa from November 6-8.

Date: September 18-20 
Location: Metro Waste Authority 
Types of Equipment (tentative): Loaders (Track; Wheel), D6 and D8 Dozers, Scraper

Dates: November 6-8
Location:Waste Commission Scott Co. 
Types of Equipment (tentative): Dozer, Excavator, Haul Truck

Training slots are limited to 12 persons per training event; applicants may choose between either training event/location. ISOSWO will be subsidizing 75% of the cost of these training events. Participating applicants will pay the remaining 25%, through a fee of $130/per person. Travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the applicant’s employer.

Eligibility: Only employees of permitted solid waste facilities in Iowa, who are active members of ISOSWO, may apply. Applications from consultants, contract engineers, and regulatory authorities will not be considered. Eligible participants will be chosen on a first come, first serve basis, based on the postmarked date of receipt of their application. Each member organization will be limited to two (2) participants, initially. If additional slots become available, preference for additional applicants will be given to host sites, and then those applicants geographically closest to their nearest training site.

Only those applicants who commit to the full, 3 day training will be considered; single day or partial participation will not allowed. Only complete applications including fee payment will be considered.

The deadline for applying has been extended to September 1, 2018; late applications will not be considered.
Applications must include payment of $130/per attendee.

Instructions: Please print legibly. In order to be considered, each applicant must submit a completed application and include a check payment for $130, made out to “ISOSWO”. Applications must be received by September 1, 2018 to be considered. Fee payment will be returned for any applicant who is not selected. Send completed applications to: Laura Routh, c/o CRLCSWA, 1954 County Home Road, Marion, Iowa 52302. Questions may be emailed to lrouth@solidwasteagency.org

Download Application [pdf]